Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ending the Year on a High Note


As difficult as it may be we have to look back over this year and reflect on the things that we can truly be thankful for. We also have an obligation to reflect on this year and ask ourselves if we have taken the time to look at situations in life through another lenses, if we have take the opportunity to critically think about the impact that world issues have on each of us or even consider another perspective that doesn't include race.



As I write this I'm ending the year in a way totally unexpected (having surgery) but am still grateful for the last 365 days. Moments like this not only humble me but make me think about the value of things big and small.



That's what I encourage each of you to do as the new year approaches...Think. Think before you act (or react). Think before you rush to pass judgment. Think before you decide to give up.



This post is short on purpose because I truly want you to be reflective; not so much on my words but your own life as it has been given to you this year.



I'm not big on resolutions but do advocate analysis, discourse, and understanding. I pray that you have a blessed New Year and that you truly embrace both the challenges and triumphs that 2015 has to offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment